Article 100: Eye on AIDS/HIV
- CenterWatch editorial staff confirms 50 therapies in the pipeline for the treatment of AIDS, HIV and related illnesses.
Article 101: Sponsors Evaluate Building In-House CROs
- Sponsors report that they are becoming more selective in their use of CROs
- Many sponsors report that they are increasing their use of temporary agencies and independent contractors.
- About 42% of sponsors surveyed for this story said that they believe CRO costs are up to 25% more expensive than those of in-house resources.
Article 102: A Warming Relationship With MCO
- A large percentage of patients who receive their primary care from a managed care organization are now participating in clinical trials though indirectly
- A CenterWatch survey reveals that sponsors and CROs want to work more closely with staff-model MCOs over the next two years.
- Sponsor interest in MCOs is primarily for access to patients and rich data sources. A distant secondary interest is access to formulary.