|August 1999 (Volume 6, Issue 8)
Article 133: The Changing Face of Hybrid Providers
- The market for integrated project management/study conduct service providers is now seeing two types of operating organizations: specialty or niche hybrids and mega hybrids.
- Whereas their origins and infrastructure vary widely, hybrids report continued growth and increasing receptivity from sponsors and traditional CRO partners.
Article 134: UHC Closes Its Doors to Clinical Research
- Following a 10-year effort to build a premier AMC-SMO, University HealthSystem Consortium calls it quits.
- Undesirable protocols, an inability to unify AMC member clinical trials offices and a dearth of UHC service support are cited as major causes of the breakup.
Article 135: CentreStage Europe: Chiltern Goes West
- UK-based CRO, Chiltern discusses its plans to expand into the US contract research services market.
Article 136: Eye On Parkinson's Disease
- CenterWatch editorial identifies 19 drugs in clinical trials for Parkinson's disease. Size of the grant market for Parkinson's is discussed.